Day 1 : The First Day Arrived in Thailand

Hello guys..
  Today, is a historic day in my life. Because this was the first time I boarded the plane alone, abroad, without being accompanied by a parent. Approximately, where will I go to?
Thong Trairong flag
Oh yeah.. in short , Alhamdulillah this trip was smooth and finally, I could safely arrive at Don Mueang Airport. But it hasn’t finished here, me and my friend ‘Diani’ (who also participated in this Internship Exchange Programme) still had to go through the immigration routine checks before being able to enter Thailand. The first thing to do was to fill out the Departure Card that was distributed when we were at Soekarno Hatta airport. After that, we queued at the immigration counter.Yapp, Thailand “The land of White Elephant”. It’s great for me to be able to get the opportunity to join in the 2nd Batch of SEA-TVET (Southeast Asia-Technical and Vocational Education and Training) Student Internship Exchange Programme. I was glad to be placed in Thailand, in the Thai Business Administration Technological College (TBC).

When filling departure card
Departure card that has been filled

Queuing for immigration
After arriving at the front queue, the immigration staff talked to me, but I didn’t understand what she was talking about, so I said “Please, speak in English”. She just kept quiet and immediately pulled my hand forward while checking my passport. After that with her body language, she hoeld the camera ready to take photo. I immediately understood what she meant, and I put myself in front of the camera with a big smile. Cheers… And finally we were allowed to go through. Sa-wad-dee-kha , Welcome to Thailand.

Happy face after officially entering Thailand
 finishing the immigration procedure, we took our baggage and left the airport. And I was surprised and happy when I found out that some teachers and friends from TBC had been there, waiting for us outside the terminal Yeayy.. I still didn’t think that I could successfully arrive in the Thailand safely. And when I told them that, They laughed together.

Welcoming by Thai Business Administration Technological College (TBC)

After that, we went to the dormitory by vans to put the baggage and in the dormitory we approached with our 2 other friends from Indonesia, they are from Politeknik Negeri Madiun. They apparently had arrived in Thailand the noon before. Their names are Niken and Fardian. They will be our roommates for the next 30 days. After placing the baggage in our room, we immediately prepared to have dinner together. We had to go to a Halal Food Court. Yes, because we are Muslims and are Halal Food Hunters.. hehe



Have dinner together at Halal Food Court



Oh yeah, by the way… this time the dining together was accompanied by Ms. Irene, Ms. Lisa, teacher Peak and teacher Rungthiwa. They are so friendly and take care with us. And our buddies, Nop and Tae Han who are students from TBC. And for our dinner menu this time is “Boat Noodles or Kuaitio ruea”, is a Thai style noodle dish which has a strong flavor. With soft vermicelli, a little bean sprouts, mustard greens, and a few pieces meat and jumbo-sized meatballs. The soup is also mixed with salt, sweet soy sauce, pickled bean curd, and some other spices , to season the soup. Very completed and steady. The sauce is also tasty, with meat fat and there is also a taste of the peanut mete. And I love it

“Kruaitiao ruea”


Time went fast, It didn’t feel like it’s been late at night. Therefore, It’s time for us to go to back to the dorm to rest and get ready to continue the next day’s programmes. Which one of the lecturer said that we would be invited to take a weekend trip. See you tomorrow


Share this

Related Posts

First