Day 3 : Pre Orientation

Pre Orientation


It was the first time we entered the TBC campus for pre orientation. In the pre orientation this time between TBC students, Semarang State Polytechnic and Madiun State Polytechnic who joined the SEAMEO internship program met each other.

And I happen to be met with 2 students who will take part in an internship at State Polytechnic of Semarang. They are called Plug and M. They look very shy when I say hello. And after I approached personally it turned out that I just knew they said they were embarrassed because their English was not good. But I tried to refer, and said no need to be ashamed of us learning together. Right?

This is where I get new friends. and today it turns out we will be given Thai language lessons about introductions, greet ing, number, 5W 1H, verb, time, expressing preferences, and so on. After learning together, taking notes and explaining it by our teacher there is a practice of dialogue and making groups. Surely with Thai students. I am a group with Rose and Mr.M.

At first I was nervous but for a long time the atmosphere melted. And when we are told to go forward to practice the dialogue we discuss, I was surprised. Especially when the paper lottery shows that the first turn is me. I was really excited.

So, I bravely and passionately advanced. Thank God, smoothly, and I was given a score of 9 by the teacher. Yeayy is happy in the heart. So I am more excited about learning other Thai languages. hehe

It doesn't feel time has shown to go home. Well, even though it's more fun, chatting with new friends. hehe

And teacher announced that after this we will go shopping to the traditional market to buy food for 1 week. Yeayy ... can take a walk around the market.

I was immediately excited to immediately return to the dormitory and change clothes with casual clothes. After that let's go to the Market. The market name is Cingcelen.

It turns out that there are very different traditional markets in Thailand with Indonesia. Not because of its different contents or anything, but salute it with the people who are wealthy people and have a good car but they still want to go to traditional markets. Very good

We also start shopping around the market. But this time only with the teacher without our buddy. So we have a little trouble to say what we want to buy because the teacher can only speak Thai. Not so smooth in English. But this is unique, and I can learn how to overcome the barriers to communicating when different languages. At least we can understand each other through body language, and through my experience learning self-taught from watching Thai film dramas. wkwk

Finally we buy tofu, onions, chili, and leeks and soy sauce. hehe only that we buy not too much.

Understandably because we are used to living a simple life in Indonesia. ha ha

After we shop, the teacher leaves us for a moment because he wants to have a coffee. And we are given the freedom to get around anywhere with 20 minutes. Okay it's time to get to know the environment. hehe

while walking around, I saw good sporty shoes in gray. And I was immediately interested in wanting to buy it. But I think, if I buy using English, the price will definitely be changed. Ahaa ... fortunately this morning I was taught the Thai language and you talked about price bargaining. And it proved that I managed to bid on the shoes so that I only paid 175 baths. I'm happy, the knowledge that I got today can be useful. hehe

20 minutes had passed. We go straight to the car to wait for the teacher. After the teacher arrived we immediately returned to the dormitory.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »